Mr. Ken Debettencourt
You have reached the web page for Ken DeBettencourt.
As of September 2020, all MVPS teachers have created new websites called “Landing Pages”.
1: A great collection of practice MCAS tests from previous years
- Grade 7 Math MCAS 2012
- Grade 7 Math MCAS 2013
- Grade 7 Math MCAS 2014
- Grade 7 Math MCAS 2015
- Grade 8 MCAS 2012
- Grade 8 MCAS 2013
- Grade 8 MCAS 2014
- Grade 8 MCAS 2015
- ONLINE Practice for the 2017 MCAS TEST
Please take this test to practice for the real test in MAY!
1: a great collection of 6th Grade MCAS Practice TESTS!!!!!
- 2012 Grade 6 MCAS Math Test
- 2013 Grade 6 MCAS Math Test
- 2014 Grade 6 MCAS Math Test
- 2015 Grade 6 MCAS Math Test
- Comparing Rates Problems
1A – Algebra Videos
1B – Grade 8 Videos
1C – Grade 7 Videos
1D- Grade 6 Videos
3. Mad Phat Math Challenges and Juicy Math Problems Online
- 6th Grade Math Challenges
- Awesome Enrichment Math for ALL AGES!!!!
- Grade8 Math Challenges
- Grade 7 Math Challenges
- Math Challenges for students, parents, and teachers!
- Comparing Fractions
- Absolute Value Word Problems
- Adding and Subtracting Negative Numbers
- Introduction to Absolute Value Problems
- Introduction to Ratios
- Negative Numbers
- More Subtracting Negative Numbers Problems
- Working with Mixed Fractions
- Find angles in triangles
- Intro to the Pythagorean Theorem
End of Mod 2
- Parallel lines and Angles between intersecting lines
- Performing translations
- Performing rotations
- Performing reflections
- Pythagorean theorem application
- Pythagorean theorem example
- Rigid transformations intro
- Triangle angle challenge problem
- Triangle exterior angle example
A1. Mr. DeBettencourt’s Favorite Links for Fun Family Math
- Bedtime Math
Bedtime Math is striving to help families introduce math as a fun part of their daily routine, as common and beloved as the bedtime story. We make it easy to roll math into the day, whether at bedtime, bathtime, or snacktime.
- Family Math Challenges
Family members—as children’s first teachers—are crucial to student success. And the more adults become engaged in their children’s education, the greater the chances that children will succeed.
- Fun Math Games Online!!!
These sites got started way back in 1997 to make math enjoyable for people who thought it couldn’t be fun.
- More Family Math Challenges
- Algebra With Pizzazz Book 1
Homework Joke Pages for Algebra 1 Homework
- Middle School Math Book D Pizzazz Worksheets
- Middle School Pizzazz Joke Worksheets (Book A)
Basic Math Facts
- Middle School Pizzazz Joke Worksheets (Book C)
Fractions, Decimals, and Number Theory
- Middle School Pizzazz Joke Worksheets (Book E)
Ratios Proportions Percents Statistics Graphs Probability Graphing Equations
- Pizzazz BRIDGE to Algebra
Many 6-8th Grade Required Topics
Fun Math Games Online!!!!
- Fun games to help you practice your Multiplying and Dividing Skills
- Jeopardy Game – Geometry Edition
- Math Edition of How to Be a Millionaire
- Pool Math Game
- Ratio Blaster
- Absolute Value Equations
- Awesome Video on Solving Absolute Value Equations!!!!!
- Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides
- Really JUICY Equations!!!!
- Two Step Equations
Systems Of Equations
- Elimination….Rocks the Nation
- Mixture Problems Video #4
- Mixture Problems Video #2
- Mixture Problems Video #1
- Mixture Problems Video #3
- Solving Systems By Graphing
Graphing two lines to see where they intersect
- Substitution…..Is So MUCH FUN!!!
TI-84 Graphing Calculator Links
- Texas Instruments Information Website
Lots of tutorials, apps, and info on using the TI-84 Graphing Calculator!