Mr. Ken Debettencourt
You have reached the web page for Ken DeBettencourt.
As of September 2020, all MVPS teachers have created new websites called “Landing Pages”.
Click here to go to Mr. DeBettencourt’s NEW Virtual Landing Page
1: A great collection of practice MCAS tests from previous years
- Grade 7 Math MCAS 2012
- Grade 7 Math MCAS 2013
- Grade 7 Math MCAS 2014
- Grade 7 Math MCAS 2015
- Grade 8 MCAS 2012
- Grade 8 MCAS 2013
- Grade 8 MCAS 2014
- Grade 8 MCAS 2015
- ONLINE Practice for the 2017 MCAS TEST
Please take this test to practice for the real test in MAY!
1: a great collection of 6th Grade MCAS Practice TESTS!!!!!
- 2012 Grade 6 MCAS Math Test
- 2013 Grade 6 MCAS Math Test
- 2014 Grade 6 MCAS Math Test
- 2015 Grade 6 MCAS Math Test
- Comparing Rates Problems
1A – Algebra Videos
1B – Grade 8 Videos
1C – Grade 7 Videos
1D- Grade 6 Videos
3. Mad Phat Math Challenges and Juicy Math Problems Online
- 6th Grade Math Challenges
- Awesome Enrichment Math for ALL AGES!!!!
- Grade8 Math Challenges
- Grade 7 Math Challenges
- Math Challenges for students, parents, and teachers!
- Comparing Fractions
- Absolute Value Word Problems
- Adding and Subtracting Negative Numbers
- Introduction to Absolute Value Problems
- Introduction to Ratios
- Negative Numbers
- More Subtracting Negative Numbers Problems
- Working with Mixed Fractions
- Find angles in triangles
- Intro to the Pythagorean Theorem
End of Mod 2
- Parallel lines and Angles between intersecting lines
- Performing translations
- Performing rotations
- Performing reflections
- Pythagorean theorem application
- Pythagorean theorem example
- Rigid transformations intro
- Triangle angle challenge problem
- Triangle exterior angle example
A1. Mr. DeBettencourt’s Favorite Links for Fun Family Math
- Bedtime Math
Bedtime Math is striving to help families introduce math as a fun part of their daily routine, as common and beloved as the bedtime story. We make it easy to roll math into the day, whether at bedtime, bathtime, or snacktime.
- Family Math Challenges
Family members—as children’s first teachers—are crucial to student success. And the more adults become engaged in their children’s education, the greater the chances that children will succeed.
- Fun Math Games Online!!!
These sites got started way back in 1997 to make math enjoyable for people who thought it couldn’t be fun.
- More Family Math Challenges
- Algebra With Pizzazz Book 1
Homework Joke Pages for Algebra 1 Homework
- Middle School Math Book D Pizzazz Worksheets
- Middle School Pizzazz Joke Worksheets (Book A)
Basic Math Facts
- Middle School Pizzazz Joke Worksheets (Book C)
Fractions, Decimals, and Number Theory
- Middle School Pizzazz Joke Worksheets (Book E)
Ratios Proportions Percents Statistics Graphs Probability Graphing Equations
- Pizzazz BRIDGE to Algebra
Many 6-8th Grade Required Topics
Fun Math Games Online!!!!
- Fun games to help you practice your Multiplying and Dividing Skills
- Jeopardy Game – Geometry Edition
- Math Edition of How to Be a Millionaire
- Pool Math Game
- Ratio Blaster
- Absolute Value Equations
- Awesome Video on Solving Absolute Value Equations!!!!!
- Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides
- Really JUICY Equations!!!!
- Two Step Equations
Systems Of Equations
- Elimination….Rocks the Nation
- Mixture Problems Video #4
- Mixture Problems Video #2
- Mixture Problems Video #1
- Mixture Problems Video #3
- Solving Systems By Graphing
Graphing two lines to see where they intersect
- Substitution…..Is So MUCH FUN!!!
TI-84 Graphing Calculator Links
- Texas Instruments Information Website
Lots of tutorials, apps, and info on using the TI-84 Graphing Calculator!